- 28-Aug-2013 to 27-Oct-2013 (EST)
- Canton, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Director/Controller of Finance to join our team in Canton, OH.
This position oversees the entire general accounting functions. As the Director/Controller of Finance you will be responsible for the completion of monthly financial statements and the coordination of all financial audits. You will also supervise all of the accounting staff.
- Monitors financial performance and the internal controls of the agency. Anticipates problems and recommends corrective actions.
- Coordinates preparation of annual agency budgets and related budget forms for funding sources.
- Facilitates annual audit prepared by a qualified independent auditor. Cooperates in reviews by other outside auditors.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial packet and other reports as required.
- Manages in accordance with accepted accounting procedures. Provide guidance and training as required.
- Provides financial leadership, sets a professional example, both within and outside the agency. Gives support to all departments of the agency.
- Responsible for ensuring that agency complies and pays all sales/payroll taxes and license fees. Makes sure all necessary returns are filed on time.
Specific Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Three years' experience with at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Understanding of mathematical concepts in the design of financial systems. Ability to solve math problems with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to see details and spot errors when working with numbers.
- Ability to speak and write clearly to report financial information.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Understanding of technical information in mathematical or diagram form.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. Minimum of five years' experience in accounting work with at least one year supervisory experience may be substituted for degree.
- Travel within communities served required.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: inside, sedentary work; frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk; occasional standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping/bending; push/pull up to 25 lbs.; infrequent crouching/squatting.
This is a full time, salary position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!