- 15-Jul-2013 to 13-Oct-2013 (EST)
- Mission Services
- Canton or Cleveland or New Philadelphia, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join our team. The Billing Specialist can work out of the Canton, Cleveland or New Philadelphia office.
As the Billing Specialist you will be responsible for maintaining and updating a referral/billing log, tracking payments and contacting vendors to determine and resolve non-payments for our social services department. This position works closely with the finance department.
- Maintain computer log of new referrals including staff assignments, service delivery, and billing.
- Track and determine need for authorizations not billed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources in order to identify and resolve issues preventing payment of invoices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff to assist in resolving non-payment of invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years' experience in accounting or accounts payable related work.
- Accuracy and the ability to see details and spot errors when working with numbers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills (both oral and written).
- Detail-oriented, dependable, motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interest in learning Mission Services processes and procedures.
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent financial major. Will consider a combination of education and experience in accounting in lieu of a degree.
- Travel is required within agency territory.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: inside, sedentary work; frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk; occasional standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping/bending; push/pull up to 25lbs.; infrequent crouching/squatting.
This is an hourly position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!