- 26-Apr-2013 to 25-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Mission Services
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently looking for a Lead Job Development Specialist to join our team in Cleveland. In this position you will assist our clients in job search and placement activities. You will coach and mentor assigned staff assuring current and updated skills and maintain a liaison role with the larger social services community. You will be responsible to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, CARF standards and safety and security measures.
- Assume responsibility for primary caseload, with coordination among other Job Development Specialists to provide service from intake through goal planning to discharge for assigned job development and job coaching services.
- Stay informed of labor market trends to aid in the development of work sites for the community based programs and permanent job placement for participants with a variety of backgrounds, barriers and skills. Ensure developed worksite meets the participant's skills, abilities and vocational goals.
- Meet with the participant individually to review performance in relation to program plan and vocational goals. Provide guidance, direction and advice consistent with participant's vocational goals. Make appropriate recommendations at the conclusion of the program.
- Identify individual needs best met by other community resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Submit approved reports in a timely manner.
- Collect, track and analyze assigned data to assure accurate reflection of the department's efforts and appropriate scheduling while maintaining contact with referral sources and other interested person.
- Coach and mentor and assure accuracy of documentation and quality service provision of assigned staff. Provide coverage if needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Ability to complete thorough documentation. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and use of internet.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse populations. Experience working with individuals with disabilities required.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work, psychology, rehabilitation counseling, business or related field.
- Must have valid driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR required or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Ohio DD Certification or ability to obtain within one year of hire may be required.
- Experience in the field of vocational rehabilitation preferred.
This is an hourly position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!