- 25-Apr-2013 to 24-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Canton, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Canton. As a Senior Accountant you will primarily handle general accounting while ensuring compliance with agency regulations and laws. You will also be responsible for day-to-day accounting activities including month end close activities, revenue recognition, expense reporting and reconciliation of related accounts.
- Ensures organization and funding agency policies and procedures are being followed and also interacts with internal and external entities.
- Responsible for financial grant reporting and analysis grant budget development as well as grant forecasting including reviewing accounts and invoicing.
- Process and/or review Social Services and other billings on a monthly basis. Prepare and mail monthly statements, as needed.
- Compile, prepare and maintain profit/loss statements and balance sheet statements for agency or Community Partners as contracted and affiliates, as assigned.
- Maintain Fixed Assets system including asset entry, disposals and periodic audits.
- Assist in completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the monthly opening and closing of the agency books; assist in compiling monthly financial report for presentation to the board of directors.
- Assist in working with qualified independent auditors to have an annual audit conducted on the financial activities of the agency.
- Assist in preparing the annual agency operating budget and pro forma financial statements.
Specific Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Two to four years' experience in accounting or finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accuracy and the ability to see details and spot errors when working with numbers.
- Outstanding demonstrated interpersonal skills (both written and oral).
- Detail oriented, dependable, motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to get along with others and work as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in accounting, finance or related field. Will consider a combination of education and extensive experience in accounting or business.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, insured vehicle to cover all locations. Must regularly provide agency with valid proof of automotive insurance.
- Travel is required within city limits.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: inside, sedentary work; frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk; occasional standing, walking up to 60 feet, stair climbing, stooping/bending; push/pull up to 25lbs.; infrequent crouching/squatting.
This is an hourly position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!