- 17-Apr-2013 to 16-Sep-2013 (EST)
- Mission Services
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Our passion is to help individuals gain the life and employment skills they need to succeed and live their dreams! When you donate to Goodwill, you are making Good Skills possible for someone in your community.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a full time Vocational Evaluator to join our team at our Cleveland, Ohio location.
The Vocational Evaluator will administer and score vocational evaluation tools and assume primary responsibility for individuals from intake through goal planning to discharge. The ideal candidate will assist in identifying and justifying evaluation tools for agency use and assist with assessment and adjustment services as needed.
- Provide the participant guidance, direction and advice consistent with the individuals' program goals and vocational objective, including coordinating services as assigned.
- Utilize testing equipment for evaluations with the participants referred, identifying strengths, need areas, educational skill levels, aptitudes and interests. Identify participant training needs in relation to the work assignment.
- Make appropriate recommendations at the conclusion of the program. Record and submit approved reports in a timely manner.
- Assist, encourage and support the individual in the development of appropriate work behaviors and attitudes. Foster realistic vocational exploration and present strategies for behavior modification consistent with known employer expectations.
- Identify participant needs best met by other community resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, CARF standards and safety/security regulations and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, staff and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Ability to work with others in an effective way to gain their trust and confidence, enabling them to share their feelings.
- Ability to document program activities via case notes and written report.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions including the use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Detail oriented; ability to gather and record data quickly and accurately.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, social work or related field. Master's degree in education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, social work or related area preferred.
- Certification by the Commission on Certification of Rehabilitation Counselors or the Vocational Evaluation Association, Licensed Social Worker or the ability to be certified desirable.
- Must have a valid driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR is required or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Vocationally oriented counseling experience desirable. Vocationally or psychological testing experience preferred.
This is an hourly position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!