- 08-Feb-2013 to 09-May-2013 (EST)
- Canton, OH, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is looking for an energetic Director/Manager of IT to join our team in Canton. This position will provide hands-on leadership, strategic direction and oversight for IT. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing and maintaining the agency's information systems ensuring that retrieval, transfer and communication needs are met. You will develop, mentor and coach direct reports in the areas of IT and provide collaborative support to campus partners.
- Responsible for the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, to streamline workflow.
- Responsible for the purchase of new hardware, software, training and support of the organization's staff and systems.
- Responsible in conjunction with other staff for evaluating the short and long term information processing needs and direction of each program and/or department.
- Responsible for the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Recommends and implements new and upgrades to appropriate software, hardware, and information processing procedures and provide for the design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems.
- Provides technical guidance and support to the Finance Department to insure organization of accounting systems and equipment are maintained, secure and fully operational at all times.
- Monitors IT software and security system. Institutes procedures for internal and external IT security controls. Monitors and implements software updates to secure IT systems against viruses and security breaches.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of proprietary data.
- Ensures compliance with all agency policies, procedures and various administrative regulations.
Specific Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in the field of information technology required. Detail-oriented, ability to gather and record data accurately.
- Knowledge of databases, computer programs and applications.
- Use concepts in advance mathematics and statistics to work with complex financial and statistical information.
- Define and analyze problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Plan and direct work flow.
- Deal with people in an effective way.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. MBA in IT or related field with financial background preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Ability to travel within communities served.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: inside, sedentary work. Frequent forward, horizontal reach at desk. Occasional standing, lifting, walking, stair climbing, stooping/bending, crawling, push/pull up to 25 lbs. Periodic crouching/squatting.
This is a full time, salary position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!