- 16-Jan-2013 to 17-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Mission Services
- Canton, OH, USA
- Full Time
We are growing again! This Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor will provide services for individuals with severe disabilities and who are determined eligible according to ORSC standards assisting in moving towards community employment. The ideal candidate will evaluate information obtained regarding a person's vocational aptitude, psychological and academic information, work skills, interests and attitudes, types and effects of the individual's disabilities and environmental factors; prepare necessary justifications, process reports and other required documentation related to plan activities, and work in conjunction with Rehabilitation Services Commission and other community agencies to obtain approval and activation of plans.
• Exercise fiscal responsibility for development and approval of all authorizations required under approved plans or programs.
• Will counsel individuals on work strengths and issues as they develop in the provision of services
• Responsible for (successful employment) closures consistent with the employment outcome of the Rehabilitation Act through the attainment of vendor services.
• Perform follow-up activity on participants currently employed to ensure issues related to employment are dealt with.
• Perform all paperwork relative to RSC services and case closures and GIA standards, using ORSC's data base system.
• Knowledgeable about rights of individuals served and procedures governing them.
• Two years' experience working with persons with disabilities
• Prior experience with Rehabilitation Services Commission preferred.
• Vocationally oriented counseling experience desirable.
• Knowledge of CARF standards, the Rehabilitation Act and amendments and the Americans with Disabilities Act preferred.
• Ability to perform basic computer functions including the use of Internet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access.
• Ability to work with others in an effective way to gain their trust and confidence, enabling them to share their feelings. Exhibit a desire to help and an ability to document these program activities via case notes and written report.
• Organizational and time management skills, detail oriented; ability to gather and record data quickly and accurately.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in education, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, social work or related area required. Master's degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Certification by the Commission on Certification of Rehabilitation Counselors or the ability and desire to be certified desired. Must have a valid driver's license and automotive insurance. Must regularly provide the agency with valid proof of automobile insurance. Certification in first aid and CPR is required
HOURS: This is a full-time position of 40 hours a week.
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, life, retirement, and paid time off.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!